According to Statista, the refrigerators market in India is projected to reach $3.6 billion by 2020. The staggering figure intimates the demand for the refrigerators and freezers in India. In the refrigerator segment, there are two most prominent categories – single-door and double-door. A consumer is often confused between these, and hence, we tried to decipher this problem for you. Here, we have crafted a detailed write-up that will assist in finalizing your purchase of a suitable refrigerator.
What is a Single-Door Refrigerator?
A single-door refrigerator has a single door for both the freezer and fridge. There is no segregation, and hence, single-door refrigerators are smaller in size.
What is a Double-Door Refrigerator?
The double-door refrigerator has two doors – one for the fridge and the other for the freezer. The heat transfer mechanism remains common for both of them. In addition to this, there are certain refrigerators with three doors as well. The third door is generally for the vegetables and fruits compartment. See: Best Double Door Refrigerators in India.
Comparison of Single-Door and Double-Door Refrigerator
|Capacity||Varies between 50 and 250 liters||Varies between 200 and 500 liters|
|Family Needs||Suitable for Individuals, couples, and small families||Suitable for medium and large-sized families, and for commercial purpose|
|Power Consumption||Consumes less power||Requires more power|
|Shelves||2-3 shelves with less spacing between them||3-6 shelves with more spacing and designated compartments|
|Cooling Technology||Mostly, Direct Cool technology||Integrated with Frost Free technology|
|Cost||Rs 5,000 – Rs 20,000||Rs 15,000 and above|
Benefits of Single-Door Refrigerator
- Single-door refrigerator occupies less space. If you are living in a congested place, it is wise to opt for single-door refrigerator
- Consumes less power. Since it uses direct cool technology, the power consumption is always on the lower side
- The direct cool technology incorporates natural convection, and thus, it facilitates faster cooling.
- Single-door refrigerators are affordable
Benefits of Double-Door Refrigerator
- Double-door refrigerator offers spacious compartments. Hence, you can store multiple items without any worries. You can also keep large storage vessels. Spacious freezer compartment ensures sufficient cold storage space
- Separate compartments for freezer and fridge means optimum temperature conditions without considerable energy dissipation
- Frost free technology ensures that no frost formation occurs. Defrosting mechanism is activated automatically. You don’t need to remove frost manually.
Single-Door Refrigerator – The Bottom Line
If you have a constrained budget, you can consider purchasing a single-door refrigerator. Further, if you are an individual, a couple, or a small family; single-door refrigerators will serve your purpose. But considering that you won’t purchase refrigerators frequently, you should make a wise investment. If you are a farsighted fellow who plans by keeping future considerations in mind, single-door refrigerators is not a suitable purchase for you.
Double-Door Refrigerator – The Bottom Line
If you seek spacious refrigerator and budget is not a constraint, you should go ahead with a double-door refrigerator. Further, these refrigerators are integrated with efficient technologies and user-oriented features to facilitate better user experience. Considering a one-time investment, you should invest your money in a double-door refrigerator.
Latest posts by Subba Reddy (see all)
- 4 Ways You Can Make Money Using Drone Videos - February 6, 2018
- 9 SEO tips enough to make your website appear on top - February 3, 2018
- The Correct way of doing Blog Marketing - January 31, 2018