For almost all businesses, mobile application development has turned out to be a key differentiator. They have spotted that investments in mobile app development team, which will conclude a market leading app or a right custom code, is now worth making.
On the other hand, developers aren’t always straight with their clients – whether they are a business owner or individuals with a start up idea. There are certain things that developers keep to themselves. But the things that developers keep to themselves only or hide from their clients are those things which actually decide the success and failure of mobile app development project.
Let me help you understand everything that most developers and development companies tend to hide from their clients.
Developers make clients believe that they have learned all about their ideas but, they do not.
Developers are smart people. They may make you believe that they have understood everything about your project and, now you should finalize the deal with them by assigning the project of the app development but in most cases, they know much lesser than you think.
So when appointing developers on a project, make sure that they really know what they are going to do and, if they don’t then you keep tabs on whether they learn what the project is all about then start working or not.
The unawareness of developers may lead a project to failure. Now don’t let your app be the guinea pig of such experiment.
Your liability in terms of technology is bigger than anyone else.
Thinking that every technical aspect related to your app development will be looked after by developers is a wrong idea. In fact, your role is more prominent than developers. You have to stay vigilant for each and every thing implemented to your application. Often time there are several corners which require minor trim and patching. If things don’t settle at their place even after quick fixes, ask the development team to re-engineer the whole part. But this will only be possible if you keep checking your app for all its technology aspects.
Developers turn bored in the middle of the process
The biggest issue faced by businesses during their mobile app development project is to work with those developers who know everything about the code but show little interest in doing anything to it. These developers can easily find and fix issues several times faster than new ones employed for the same purpose.
It seems that developers get bored in the middle. The reasons are more than a million. Another situation is that the code is provided in a language which isn’t the part of mainstream fashion. Sometimes developers feel sorry for the hard effort they put into building code for the first but then changes make it irrelevant. It disappoints them.
This is where you – the app owners – need to pay attention and understand how seriously your developers are responding to you. Aren’t they interested enough? If they don’t then you start taking things in control before any disaster.
When businesses want to implement their own code only
This problem is created by app owners themselves. Many app owners come with their own way of programming an app because they think it’s better than other options available in the market. From app owner’s point of view, every task looks similar but things are completely different from developer’s viewpoint.
Developers have their own way of working and, they often promote those technologies that they think trustworthy. With time they also become expert in the particular technologies. But when app-owners come with the requirements of developing an app with their own preferred technology or language while there are different technologies or languages are in trends for the same types of requirements, the situation turns out to be a bit chaotic.
If the app owner forces to go with its own preference of technologies, the whole project progresses quite slowly.
- Developers seem to be obsessed with new technologies and, they want to try them on new projects they are working on. But this may be risky at a time. Often time new technologies or way of implementations are not given proper testing before launching for public use. You better keep checking whether developers are using the well-defined, well-explained development practices or not.
- The tragedy of some developers is that in search of so many ideas, they end up with nothing. This is where developers are seen too lazy to do any sort of advancement and continue to follow the same old paths.
- Also, there are some freaky developers who love to build things from scratch and suggest others to do same on the name of novelty. But what’s the point of creating something from the scratch for which hundreds of solutions are already available?
- Some developers will promote rewriting an app while it is already doing the job quite efficiently. Please do not let developers do that because when they will fix X in their own way, the change may disturb Y which depends on Z which actually fetches data from X and in the mean time, the whole process will create some A, B, C and D errors. This is like triggering a chain reaction of problems. Don’t let it happen.
Latest posts by sofiacoppol (see all)
- The top of the benefits of hybrid mobile app development approach - August 2, 2017
- Don’t let your mobile app development go in vain - July 25, 2017