Looking for the best portable power bank? Then this is the right place. Making the best choice according to your requirements can be overwhelming when it comes to best power banks. In this article, we have compiled a list of the best power banks for you in order to make your selection process simpler. With the ever-increasing use of tablets, smartphones and media players, the battery life of these gadgets keeps on stripping off day by day no matter how hard manufacturers try to make better products with extended battery life and that’s where you need a power bank.
Keep your batteries going with these portable chargers (Power Banks)
There is a wide range of power banks available in the market. To save you from the struggle of selecting a bank according to your need, we have reviewed the top power banks in this article.
Why it is time to buy your power bank!
How long does your phone’s battery take after you charge it? Does it run the whole day or it goes off before the day ends? One day, a friend of mine was waiting for an important phone call after he had applied for an advertised job, he experienced a scary moment; he got shocked to get an alert on his phone indicating that the battery was low and that it was going to die in some few minutes. This is the time when his mind started thinking of the unthinkable, he thought of removing a battery from a small phone that was not functioning to put it on my phone but that could not work since the battery was too small, and space was reserved for large batteries. Many of us have experienced such moments in their day to day usage of their devices. If you have never experienced such a scary moment, it’s time to take the appropriate measures before you get into it. I came to learn that the only way to overcome such a situation is to have a portable charger which is also known as a power bank. This is the device that has helped me for ages now and it can also help many.
What are power banks?
Power Banks are handy devices designed to recharge other electronic devices without a power socket when you are on the move. They are very helpful gadgets, especially when traveling. A power bank is usually small in size but powerful. This makes it highly portable and can even be carried in a bag or even in a pocket. Although the companies that make Smartphones, tablets and other portable gadgets are trying to manufacture gadgets with longer battery life, the many functions that take place in these gadgets tend to overcome the battery power thus draining the battery more often. This is the reason why power banks are highly recommended gadgets to walk with. Today, there are many types and models of power banks in the market today and this seems to confuse many people who are out in the market to make their purchase and that’s why we have put together some of the best power banks below.
You might have heard of Anker but if not yet, this one of the recommended portable battery charger in the market today that comes with a huge battery of up to 20100mAh battery capacity which means it can charge your phone or tablet several times before it goes off. What is incredible about the Anker PowerCore 20100 Power Bank is that it is available in sizes and capacities so it can be suitable for any need. In fact, if you use an iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy and many other types of phones, this is your best power bank to buy. What Anker PowerCore Power Bank features.
- A huge 20100mAh battery capacity
- Designed with 2 USB ports which can charge two devices at a go.
- Can be used to charge Apple, Android and every other gadget that accepts a USB charger.
- It offers a high-speed charging
- When fully charged, this portable battery can charge up to 7 devices
- Comes with a huge 20100mAh battery capacity
- A long-lasting gadget
- Designed with 2 high speed charging USB ports which allow users to charge 2 devices at the same time. Each port features up to 2 amps. This means that you can charge your Smartphone and a tablet at a go.
- Highly portable- You can carry it anywhere anytime.
- Takes quite sometimes to be fully charged
- Users cannot charge the power bank and a mobile phone at the same time.
You can buy the Anker PowerCore 20100 Power Bank on Amazon for $39.99
AUKEY Power Bank is a 20000mAh battery pack Power Bank with Quick Charge 3.0 which is highly rated on amazon its performance. It is designed with 2 USB ports also which allows you to charge your phone and a tablet at the same time. The good thing about AUKEY power bank is that it features a light that is used to show how much battery charge is remaining. Advantages
- It is a very convenient and reliable gadget
- Features 2 USB ports thus allowing users to charge 2 devices at the same time
- Comes with a huge battery capacity up to 20000 mAh
- This power bank does not offer quick charging
Get AUKEY 20000mAh Power Bank on Amazon for $31.99
- One USB port that allows one device at any given time
- It is small in size and highly portable with a powerful 10000mAh charger.
- When fully charged, this power ban can recharge an Apple and Android device four times before it dies.
- Designed with 4 LEDs that shows battery status
- Smaller in size thus making it portable anywhere anytime
- It offers a high speed charging especially when charging compatible phones such as Android and Apple devices.
- Automatically starts charging a phone when attached
- It is designed with a single USB port thus making it hard to charge two devices at the same time.
Buy it from Amazon at $25.99
RAVPower 16750 power bank is also another highly rated external battery on Amazon. This power bank is highly liked by many users worldwide since it features a battery capacity of up to 16750mAh that suits the needs of most users. If you have your mobile phone and other smart devices, this power bank is for you since it is designed with 2 USB ports which make it easy to charge 2 devices at a go. This means you can charge your Smartphone and tablet at the same time. The power bank has other incredible features that are helpful, for instance, its inbuilt flashlight is helpful during blackouts since it is bright and it can work indoors and outdoors. What it features:
- A huge battery capacity of up to 16750mAh
- It is capable of charging an Android device 4 times before it goes off
- Has a high-speed output of 4.5A
- Designed with 2 USB ports which allow users to charge 2 devices simultaneously
- It features 4 LEDs which helps to show how much battery is remaining. The LEDs light also helps during blackouts
- Comes with a huge battery capacity up to 16750 mAh
- Designed with 2 USB ports which allow users to charge 2 devices at the same time
- It is a long-lasting external battery
- It features a high-tech charge
- It is sleek in design
- Although this power bank is lightweight, it is large in size.
Buy the RAVPower 16750mAh on Amazon at $25.49
How to choose the best Power Banks
The availability of power banks in the market today is overwhelming. Choosing your best power bank can be a hectic exercise but with some few things in mind, you can be sure to buy the right power bank for your gadgets. Below are important factors to consider when choosing your power bank
What is the battery capacity of your desired power bank?
Of all the features within the power bank, the power bank battery capacity should be the first thing to consider when buying your power bank. Does it suit well with your smartphone or tablets battery capacity? Is it 5000mAh, 10000mAh or 20000mAh? It is good to ensure the capacity of the power bank is equal to the capacity of your phone or tablet.
Consider the number of ports
Different power banks come with their own number of ports. Some come with a single USB port with others featuring up to 2 or more USB ports. A power bank with two or more USB ports is highly recommended since it will allow you to charge your phone and other gadgets you own. Therefore, if you are going to use your power bank to charge more than one devices at the same time, it is advisable to buy one with more than one USB ports.
Choose a reputable brand
With many power banks in the market today, some of these will not usually offer you with the services that are claimed on their label. You might find a power bank that claims to have a battery capacity of up to 10000mAh but when you start using it, you will be shocked to find that it gives you a much lower capacity than it claims to give. Therefore, always ensure to buy your power bank from reputable brands or check the rating and online customer reviews of the power bank before you buy it. This will give you an insight of what to expect after you buy the gadget.
Another important consideration that customers must not overlook. Remember, you will be required to carry with you your power bank everywhere anytime. A heavy power bank is not always recommended for people who like traveling. To find out whether the power bank is portable, check its weight and dimensions.
Buying a power bank is an important decision that comes with its own responsibilities. Going online to purchase your power bank with a clear knowledge of what to consider will help you buy the right power bank for your needs. However, you must have a clear budget for your purchase which will help you to know the price range of your desired power bank. Additionally, you must identify the purpose of your power bank after all these are settled, and finally, you need to pay attention to the features of your desired power bank. Do they really suit your needs?
Latest posts by Boniface Kisina (see all)
- How To Promote Your Android App /Game – 7 Awesome Tips - March 16, 2018
- Top 4 Best Portable Power Banks in the Market for 2018 - September 13, 2017